Final grade change policies
- All grades except I and IP are final when submitted by the instructor on the final grade submission through CatCourses.
- No changes of a final grade may be made on the basis of revision or submission of additional work after the close of the semester.
- A final grade may be corrected when a clerical (recording) error or procedural error has occurred.
- An instructor approved grade change is required to change all NR and I grades.
The Office of the Registrar does not process grade changes for mid-semester grades, as these grades are not a part of the student's permanent record. If you need to change a grade for a student to below or above a D+ after submission, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com so we may inform the Office of Undergraduate Education. Grade information will not change in CatCourses or in MyStudentRecord.
You may submit a final grade change by:
1) Via web- Complete the grade change webform.
INSTRUCTIONS: You must be logged in to CAS and be currently designated as a course instructor by the Registrar's Office to access this form. Past Instructors that cannot access the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Current instructors, login, if you are unable to access the form. If you receive an error after signing in and clicking the link above-- refresh the page. Do not bookmark the grade change webform, bookmarking will result in a redirect looping error.
2) Returning the grade change form* to the Students First Center in person.
3) Sending the form* in a grade change envelope available from your curriculum manager through intercampus mail.
4) Return the grade change form* to your curriculum manager and indicate that you would like them to forward it to the Office of the Registrar on your behalf.
5) Sending the form* by US mail marked confidential. Attn: Office of the Registrar- Amanda Brown.
6) Scanning and e-mailing the form* back to email@example.com from your UCMerced e-mail account.
7) Fax the form* to the Registrar's Office 209.228.4694.
*Need the form? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request it electronically.