Room Reservations for Instructional Spaces
For events that take place outside of the date ranges listed above and for any general concerns or questions, please contact email@example.com.
Room Reservations & Room Availability
The Office of the Registrar schedules room reservations for instructional/academic spaces in the following main campus buildings. Room reservations must be submitted and processed through the Astra Scheduling System.
Please select one of the building options below for a complete list of rooms available in each building.
- Classroom and Office Building: COB 102, 105, 110, 113+, 114, 116+, 120, 127, 129, 201, 203, 205, 207, 209, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 270, 272, 274, 276, 279, 281*, 282, 286, and 288
- Classroom and Office Building 2: COB2 110, 130, 140, 170, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, and 267
- Kolligian Library: KL 202*, 208*, 209, 217, 296, and 396
- Social Sciences and Management Building: SSM 100, 104, 116*, 150, and 154*
- Student Services Building: SSB 110, 120, 130, 150, 160, and 170
- Science and Engineering Building: SE1 100*, 138*, and all other rooms require special approval
- Science and Engineering Building 2: SE2 Rooms require special approval
*Indicates room requires special approval
+Indicates room does not have Catcard access on weekends (requires work order through Facilities Management)
Registered student clubs and organizations, schools and campus departments may request academic rooms for non-academic, university-related purposes through the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar shall review and approve requests to ensure they are in accordance with campus regulations.
Any activity conducted during an event must be in accordance with all university regulations and policies, as well as any federal, state and local statutes. The university reserves the right to prohibit any event that may involve potential personal liability, property damage, campus/community disruption, or may otherwise be deemed contrary to the mission of the university.
Faculty, staff and officers of student clubs and organizations are expected to conduct UC business using their UC Merced email address. The Office of the Registrar will not respond to personal email addresses.
Room Usage Guidelines
Rooms should be left in a neat and orderly condition, and returned to their standard configuration upon completion of an event. Ensure the event ends promptly and attendees exit in a timely manner. Furnishings, including tables, chairs, student desks, lecterns, and AV/IT equipment, must remain in their designated rooms at all times and may not be removed or stored elsewhere for the duration of an event. Immediately report any damages, new or existing, to rooms and equipment, otherwise your group may be liable.
A directory of all reservable rooms on campus, including non-academic rooms, is available here.
Academic spaces must be reserved in advance through the Office of the Registrar. All reservations assigned in academic rooms are subject to change due to academic needs, which may take priority over other events, as determined by the Office of the Registrar. This may include reassignment to another space or cancellation of the event. For student clubs and organizations, any current officer is authorized to request academic rooms. Current staff or faculty members are authorized to request academic rooms for schools/departments.
- Requests are processed in the order they are received; on a first-come, first-served basis.
- At least 48 hours notice is required for all event requests. During peak times, it can take up to two weeks for event requests to be processed.
- Submitting a request DOES NOT confirm a room reservation.
- The email sent from Astra verifying we have received the request DOES NOT serve as confirmation for the reservation.
- Once we have processed a request, a final email will be sent from Astra, confirming the status of the room reservation.
- It is the responsibility of the requestor to ensure any Facilities Management, Custodial, and IT needs have been coordinated at least 48 hours prior to the start of the room reservation.
The nature of the event and all required software must be included in the “Event Details” for all computer lab requests. Once we receive the request, we will work directly with Computer Lab Management for approval. An email notification of the status of the room reservation will be provided afterwards.
The weekend is defined as Friday starting at 7:00pm through Sunday ending at 11:00pm. To request a room for use on weekends, it is suggested you search for a room(s) with a Card Reader to avoid unlocking services charge. (Note: COB 113 and COB 116 both require a hard key to (un)lock the doors). After receiving a confirmation email for your room reservation, please submit a work order request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations and Changes
All cancellation and change requests must be submitted to email@example.com
. Please note: the requestor may be liable for any damage or misuse of the room if the reservation is not canceled, or if the room is left unattended prior to the end of the reservation.
For outside organizations not affiliated with UC Merced, please contact Housing and Residence Life, Marketing and Conference Services Manager, Debbie Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org