Students can order transcripts online via MyRegistration. Select 'MyRegistration;' 'StudentRecords;' 'MyStudentRecord;' and 'Access National Student Clearinghouse to request Transcript.' Transcripts can be purchased using a major credit card (service fee will apply; fee is included in prices below).
Students may also access the Student Clearinghouse directly.
Transcript cost and processing:
The cost for a single paper transcript is $16, this includes the service fee. The cost for an electronic transcript is $12, this includes the service fee.
All transcripts are produced at UC Merced by the Office of the Registrar within one to three business days unless there is an error with the request or there is a hold on your account. Multiple delivery methods are available, some include additional fees.
- Hold for pick up: $16* (includes transcript cost and service fee). Pick up is available at the Students First Center during business hours. Transcripts that are not picked up within three months will be destroyed and the student will be responsible for the cost of a new request.
- Standard Processing: $16* (includes transcript cost and service fee). Standard mail by USPS.
- Express Mail: $46** (includes transcript cost, service fee and mailing fee). Overnight mailing by FedEx to continental U.S. Two to three mailing days to Hawaii or Alaska. Express mail is not available to P.O. Boxes. Express mail is not available to international addresses, including Canada and Mexico.
- Electronic PDF: $12 per transcript (includes transcript cost, service fee and electronic transcript fee). Secure electronic PDF sent to one recipient email address. More information about electronic transcripts can be found here.
*PickUp and Standard Mail- The $2.25 online processing fee is charged per request. A request is considered to be any quantity of transcripts sent to a single recipient or held for pick-up. Review the recipient detail screen carefully before check out.
**Express Mail- The $2.25 online processing fee and $30.00 overnight mailing fee are charged per express mail request. A request is considered to be any quantity of transcripts sent to a single address. Review the recipient detail screen carefully before check out.
- Now: One to three business days from date of request and/or payment is received, unless there is an error or hold on the student account.
- After Degree is Awarded: Degrees are awarded within eight weeks from the last day of finals of the term the student applied.
- After Grades are Posted: Grades are available within three business days after the last day of the term.
The following are acceptable transcript attachments: Cover letters from AACOMAS, AMCAS, CAPSA, PharmCAS and LSAC. Also cover letters provided by the university to which the student is applying. Must be JPEG, JPG, or PDF format.
Outstanding balances must be paid in full before transcript requests will be fulfilled. This includes any balances due to the university. In addition to financial holds preventing transcript production, some holds placed by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will prevent transcript processing. Transcripts requests with holds will expire after 30 days. Check your holds in your student portal my.ucmerced.edu.
All outstanding balances must be paid in full before transcript requests will be processed. In addition, all outstanding holds must be resolved. Any questions regarding the transcript ordering process may be addressed to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 209-228-7178.
- Processing time is the time it takes our office to prepare your transcript to be sent out. This does not include mailing time.
- Processing time doesn’t account for the time it takes the student to clear any holds.
- We cannot guarantee your transcripts arrival or the time it will take to reach its destination once it has left our office. Contact us at email@example.com if your transcript has not been received within three weeks of the date of the request. At that time, your request details will be reviewed.
- Requests received prior to 8 a.m. begin the business day processing time that day. Requests received after 8 a.m. will begin the business day processing time the following business day.
Visiting UC students are excluded from having to pay the transcript fee when transferring their courses to their home UC campus. After grades are posted, transcripts will automatically be sent to the student's home campus.
Transcripts may be picked up at the Students First Center during normal business hours or be requested to be mailed. Transcripts not picked up within three months will be destroyed and the student will be responsible for the cost of a new transcript request.
Transcripts of work completed at another campus of the university or at another institution must be requested directly from the campus or institution concerned.
- Log into MyUcmerced portal.
- Select MyStudentRecord.
- Select Student Record.
- Select Academic Transcript.
If you're an alumnus and no longer remember your portal username and password, you can reclaim your account. Select password reset at my.ucmerced.edu. Select Account Type 'Students' and proceed with the steps to reclaim your netID.
Once a transcript is requested, all transcripts are processed within 1-3 business days unless there is an error with the request or a hold on your account. Self selected holds, such as waiting until grades or a degree is posted, will delay processing time.
Yes, after the standard processing time of 1 business day you can request your paper transcript be mailed to you using Overnight mailing services. The cost per transcript is $40.00. However, you can also use our electronic transcript delivery method to save time and money.
No, All transcripts are processed within 1-3 business days unless there is an error with the request or a hold on your account.
When we mail your transcript, the tracking number will be provided to your online order.
When requesting a transcript, simply select 'Hold for Pickup' under the 'Delivery Method' drop down menu. All orders can be picked up at the Students First Center during business hours.
We do not allow any in-person or mail in requests. All of our requests are done online through National Student Clearinghouse. If you no longer have access to your my.ucmerced.edu portal, you can access the online request form directly by going to the National Student Clearinghouse. If you do not have access to the internet, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist.
I need my final grades for the semester reflected on my transcript. How do I make sure this happens?
When requesting a transcript online, make sure to select 'After Grades are Posted' under the 'Processing Option' drop down menu. If this option is selected, the 2-5 day processing time does not apply. More information about term grades and when they are viewable can be found here.
I need to make sure my degree is posted and viewable on my transcript. How do I make sure this happens?
When requesting a transcript online, make sure to select 'After Degree is Awarded' under the 'Processing Option' drop down menu. If this option is selected, the 2-5 day processing time does not apply. More information about when a degree is posted at the end of a term can be found here.
- You selected express mail and provided a PO Box address. This type of delivery method is not available to these types of addresses.
- You selected express mail and provided a local Merced address. Transcripts are produced and sent from the University in Merced, it is not recommended that you pay the additional cost for delivery to a campus address. Instead we recommend picking up the transcript or having it sent through standard mail.
- You selected express mail and are sending your transcript to a department on campus or to an on-campus residence. You will not be provided a tracking number for this type of request. These requests are delivered by our office the day they are produced. We will attempt to contact you to change your delivery method so you are not overcharged.
- We recognize your transcript recipient as a recipient that typically requires cover sheets and your request did not include one. We will attempt to contact you by phone and email to acquire these attachments. If we do not receive a response within one business day, you transcript will be sent as requested without an attachment.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com if there is a problem with the delivery of your request.
Yes, the following are acceptable transcript attachments. Cover letters from AACOMAS, AMCAS, CAPSA, PharmCAS, and LSAC. We also accept cover letters provided by the university you are applying to. Using the online request service, you will have an opportunity to upload documents to be attached to your official transcript.
An electronic transcript is a certified PDF of the official transcript. Recipients of the official electronic transcript receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve the document from a secure web site. Official electronic transcripts can be sent to any valid email address. Of course, it is the sole responsibility of the requestor to ensure the recipient accepts official electronic transcripts.
You can request an electronic transcript the same way you request a paper official transcript, through our online transcript request service. Make sure to select 'Electronic PDF' under the 'Delivery Method' drop down menu.
When you receive an electronic transcript from National Student Clearinghouse, follow these steps to download the PDF. You will receive an email notification that a document has been sent to you. One email will contain a link and a username. A separate email will contain a password. Click the link to go to the secure web site. On the secure web site, you will be required to enter your email address and password. Once the document is open, clicking on the PDF will bring up another pop up window. This will ask for the username and password. Entering the correct username and password will provide you access to view the electronic transcript. Make sure you have your popup blockers turned off.
- If you are using an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, try uninstalling and installing the most recent version. A free download can be found at www.adobe.com.
- Make sure that your browser settings allow pop-ups from http://www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Please make sure that your computer allows the site http://www.studentclearinghouse.org as a 'trusted site'
- Have both the "Transcript Link..." with username and "Transcript Password..." emails from National Student Clearinghouse available.
Is an electronic transcript official?
Yes, electronic transcripts are official issued by the Office of the Registrar. An electronic transcript is official only when a blue ribbon appears at the top of the navigation page, the seal of the University of California appears, and the signature of the University Registrar appears. A transcript is a complete copy of a student's academic record at the time it is produced.
Electronic transcript delivery is becoming increasingly common. We suggest that before requesting an electronic transcript, you verify that the recipient will accept an electronic transcript.
Each transcript is issued to a specific recipient and is only considered official if it is delivered to that recipient directly. The Office of the Registrar cannot certify the authenticity of any electronic transcript that has been forwarded to any person or organization other than the intended recipient.
Yes. You will be notified via email when the recipient has downloaded the transcript. You will also be notified if the recipient hasn't downloaded the transcript after receiving the email and more than two weeks have passed.
Electronic transcripts expire 30 days after being created, not 30 days after being opened. Please plan accordingly and print copies before the expiration date. Recipients who have not accessed your transcripts will be sent several reminders.
I would like to get an electronic copy of my transcript to attach to a job or scholarship application. Is that possible?
Although possible, it is not advisable. Since electronic transcripts are PDF files it is possible to attach them to online applications. We caution you in doing this because of the additional security and also because of the expiration date. We recommend you first check with the recipient before ordering an electronic transcript for job or scholarship applications to make sure it is safe to send.
We cannot refund the cost of a transcript due to the recipient either not opening or not being able to open an electronic transcript. We recommend you first check with the recipient before ordering an electronic copy to make sure it is safe to send.
The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) serves as a web based transcript request servicer for UC Merced. All requests are reviewed daily by UC Merced Registrar staff members. Transcript production occurs at UC Merced and all sending is from our office on campus. Please consider the pick-up delivery method if you will be on campus, this will reduce your waiting time for delivery. NSC provides electronic delivery for PDF transcripts in addition to being our transcript request servicer.