The grade of I may be assigned when the instructor determines that a student's work is of passing quality, but is incomplete for a good cause.
I grade policy information- click here.
Deadlines related to I grade:
- Student must submit Incomplete form prior to the end of the final examination period to the Office of the Registrar.
- Course Instructor may submit Incomplete form on behalf of the student, if extenuating circumstances exist, before the first day of instruction of the next semester to the Office of the Registrar.
- Incomplete Grade- Form available online.
Incomplete grade deadline and grade reversion:
Any I grade that has not been replaced with a final grade within the deadlines below will revert to an F, NP, or U.
- I grades assigned in the fall term must be replaced by the first day of instruction in the following fall term or by the deadline assigned by the instructor on the Incomplete Grade form.
- I grades assigned in the spring or summer term must be replaced by the first day of instruction in the following spring term or by the deadline assigned by the instructor on the Incomplete Grade form.
Next steps for grade reversion
- The student and the instructor will be notified if an I grade reverts to a failing grade in accordance with the policy.
- Details will be provided related to the reversion (failure to turn in form -or- final grade not received).
- Instructions will be provided for correcting a grade reversion if appropriate.
Submitting a final grade:
When the instructor is ready to submit a final grade to the Registrar's Office they should submit a grade change.