Skip to content

Transfer Courses

Graduation Candidates, Continuing Students, and Readmitted Students

We recommend that you request electronic delivery for official transcripts to UC Merced. Our email address is If your school does not offer electronic delivery, you may send a paper transcript. 
Address for mailed transcripts:
Office of the Registrar
University of California, Merced
5200 N. Lake Rd. Merced, CA 95343
Email for electronic transcripts:
Electronic Exchange via National Student Clearinghouse
Select 'University of California-Merced. Then select 'Registrars'
Processing time: The Office of the Registrar evaluates transfer credit for continuing students and readmitted students. This process normally takes 2 to 5 weeks for continuing students. During peak periods, at the end and beginning of a semester, processing of a transcript may take 6 weeks. Transfer credit processing is prioritized for graduation candidates. Transfer work will appear on your unofficial transcript approximately 2  to 5 weeks from the date of receipt for continuing students. Transfer work will be processed within 4 to 6 weeks from the date of approval for readmitted students. If you need a course to fulfill a prerequisite for course registration, please notify your academic advisor. 

New Incoming Students

Review information on the Admitted Student site and Office of Undergraduate Admissions sites.
Processing time: The Office of the Undergraduate Admissions evaluates all transfer work for new undergraduate students. This process may take 8 to 10 weeks. Transfer work will appear on your unofficial transcript approximately 10 weeks from the date of receipt. 

Finding a Transfer Course to Meet a UC Merced Requirement

First, you'll need to determine which course(s) you'd like to transfer into UC Merced. Once you have that information, there are two websites you can use to help you determine which course you should take at a community college over the summer to meet a UC Merced requirement.

Once at, you can select University of California, Merced and then select the community college you are interested in attending. You can then explore classes by major or department.

Transferology is another resource for assisting you with reviewing school-to-school equivalents. Create an account or log in to "Find a Replacement Course" that will meet a UC Merced requirement. Using Transferology, you can simply enter a town or zip code and it will find replacement course matches in your area. 

University of California Course Repeat Policy:

  • All courses completed, and grades and units earned, at a UC campus during fall, winter, spring and summer terms are transferable to another UC campus

  • This means the UC GPA “follows” the student from one UC campus to another

  • For courses in which deficient UC grades (C- or lower) were earned

    • Courses may only be repeated at UC (in regular session, summer session, and in some cases at UC Extension)

    • Courses completed at a non-UC institution will not remediate the UC GPA

    • Please note: the repeat may not necessarily be allowed at the original campus, per guidance of the school/college at the campus in which the student was enrolled.