Express mail paper transcript processing is currently unavailable. We encourage you to review electronic delivery options for the most expedited delivery.
Effective October 24, 2022 all official and unofficial transcripts will display a student's lived name. Be sure to confirm your lived name and/or make updates prior to requesting a transcript.
Electronic Transcripts (Official)
Students can order transcripts online via MyStudentRecord and 'Access National Student Clearinghouse to request Transcript.' Transcripts can be purchased using a major credit card (service fee will apply; fee is included in prices below).
Students may also access the Student Clearinghouse directly. Instructions: Once you're logged into Student Clearinghouse MyHub, click on the Self Service button to begin the ordering process for your transcript. On the next page, you will be prompted to select a School. Select University of California-Merced.
The cost for a single paper transcript is $16, this includes the service fee. The cost for an electronic transcript is $12, this includes the service fee.
All transcripts are produced at UC Merced by the Office of the Registrar within one to three business days unless there is an error with the request or there is a hold on your account. Multiple delivery methods are available, some include additional fees.
- Hold for pick up: $16* (includes transcript cost and service fee). Pick up is available at the Students First Center during business hours. Transcripts that are not picked up within three months will be destroyed and the student will be responsible for the cost of a new request.
- Standard Processing: $16* (includes transcript cost and service fee). Standard mail by USPS.
- Express Mail: $46** (includes transcript cost, service fee, and mailing fee). Overnight mailing by FedEx to continental U.S. Two to three mailing days to Hawaii or Alaska. Express mail is not available to P.O. Boxes. Express mail is not available to international addresses, including Canada and Mexico.
- Electronic PDF: $12 per transcript (includes transcript cost, service fee, and electronic transcript fee). Secure electronic PDF sent to one recipient email address. More information about electronic transcripts can be found here.
- Electronic Transcript Exchange (ETX): $12 per transcript (includes transcript cost, service fee, and electronic transcript fee). ETX is a service that enables educational institutions, application services, and organizations to exchange electronic transcripts securely via National Student Clearinghouse. More information about electronic transcripts can be found here.
*PickUp and Standard Mail- The $2.50 online processing fee is charged per request. A request is considered to be any quantity of transcripts sent to a single recipient or held for pick-up. Review the recipient detail screen carefully before check out.
**Express Mail- The $2.50 online processing fee and $30.00 overnight mailing fee are charged per express mail request. A request is considered to be any quantity of transcripts sent to a single address. Review the recipient detail screen carefully before check out.
- Now: One to three business days from date of request and/or payment is received, unless there is an error or hold on the student account.
- After Degree is Awarded: Degrees are awarded within eight weeks from the last day of finals of the term the student applied.
- After Grades are Posted: Grades are available within three business days after the last day of the term.
The following are acceptable transcript attachments: Cover letters from AACOMAS, AMCAS, CAPSA, PharmCAS and LSAC. Also cover letters provided by the university to which the student is applying. Must be JPEG, JPG, or PDF format.
- Processing time is the time it takes our office to prepare your transcript to be sent out. This does not include mailing time.
- We cannot guarantee that a transcript will arrive at the intended destination or the time it will take to reach its destination once it has left our office. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your transcript has not been received within three weeks of the date of the request. At that time, your request details will be reviewed.
- Requests received prior to 8 a.m. begin the business day processing time that day. Requests received after 8 a.m. will begin the business day processing time the next business day.
Visiting UC students are excluded from having to pay the transcript fee when transferring their courses to their home UC campus. After grades are posted, transcripts will automatically be sent to the student's home campus.
Transcripts may be picked up at the Students First Center during normal business hours or be requested to be mailed. Transcripts that are not picked up within three months will be destroyed and the student will be responsible for the cost of a new transcript request.
Transcripts of work completed at another campus of the university or at another institution must be requested directly from the campus or institution concerned.
If you are requesting transcripts for workshops and courses taken through UC Merced Extension (with the exception of Teacher Preparation Program and Concurrent Enrollment), please order them via UC Merced Extension’s Transcript Request Form.
- View your unofficial transcript by logging into connect.ucmerced.edu.
- Select MyStudentRecord.
- Select Academic Transcript.
Unofficial Transcript Displaying Arabic Birthday: There was a vendor error that caused the birthday on the unofficial transcript to display in Arabic characters. Our vendor has reported to us that this issue has been resolved. Please send a screenshot to email@example.com if you encounter this issue.
- Clear cache, close browser, and try again in five minutes
- See below to print an unofficial transcript
Printable Unofficial Transcript
- Go to mystudentrecord.ucmerced.edu
- Note: If the direct link does not work type - mystudentrecord.ucmerced.edu into your browser navigation panel
- Click Secure Login
- Then click the Student Tab
- Click MyStudentRecord
- Click Academic Transcript
- Set parameters to Transcript Type: All Levels, Transcript Type: Web Unofficial
- Print the page to PDF using your computer's PDF printer. (Common Names of PDF Printers - Microsoft: Microsoft Print to PDF, MAC: Save as PDF Adobe: Adobe PDF)
Information for alumni and former students
If you're a former student and no longer remember your portal username and password, you can reclaim your account. Select the UCM Net ID icon at connect.ucmerced.edu. Select Account Type 'Students' and proceed with the steps to reclaim your netID.
If you are unable to reclaim your netID, contact the Students First Center at 209.228.7178 for assistance in accessing your academic records.
A notation will appear on the official transcript under the Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021 and Fall 2022 terms for all students who were enrolled for the semester. The notation will appear any time the Emergency Course Continuity Policy is enacted.
Notation: Emergency Course Continuity Policy Enacted