There are several reasons why you could not successfully obtain a FREE enrollment verification through National Student Clearinghouse.
- Are you attempting to request an enrollment verification for a semester that has not yet started? Your enrollment will not be confirmed by UC Merced until instruction has started for the term. Before this point, the on-demand verification request and other verification types available from our office for a term will only confirm registration if you are registered.
- Are you trying to obtain enrollment data for a term prior to fall 2008? National Student Clearinghouse cannot be used for enrollment information prior to the fall 2008 term. See below for additional methods of obtaining this information.
- Do you have the correct Social Security Number on file with the Office of the Registrar? If not, find out more information about how to change your SSN here. This will allow you to obtain FREE enrollment verifications any time, day or night.
- Are you enrolled at UC Merced as an extension or non-degree seeking student? Unfortunately, UCM does not currently have the capability to send National Student Clearinghouse your enrollment information. You may obtain an enrollment verification using the process below.
- Do you not fall into any of the above categories and are still not able to obtain a FREE enrollment verification? Contact the Office of the Registrar as soon as possible.
Below you will find additional methods of verifying your enrollment.
Fax: Effective immediately, the Office of the Registrar fax is offline. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment Verifications may be requested by submitting a complete Verification form to email@example.com. If a fee is required (see below), we will bill your student account.
The Verification form may be turned in at the Students First Center during normal business hours. A receipt for payment of processing fees must accompany the form. Verifications requested to be held for pick-up will be destroyed if not picked up within 3 months.
Standard Processing: $10 per verification, 7-10 business days from date of request and/or payment is received
Rush Processing: $15 per verification, 1-2 business days from date of request and/or payment is received
In the event that verification of other aspects of your student record is required or if you have questions regarding the enrollment verification process, you may contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (209) 228-7178.
Hold for pick up: Pick up is available at Students First Center during business hours. Verifications not picked up within three months will be destroyed and the student will be responsible for the cost of a new request.
Standard mail by USPS.