***IMPORTANT UPDATES - REGISTRATION AND ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION DURING COVID-19***
Given the move to online instruction, Office of Registrar has converted its forms to fillable PDF’s. You can download the form, complete it and email out for approval via your UC Merced email. Once approval is obtained you are responsible for submitting it to Office of the Registrar for processing when required. For updated instructions to some of the forms below, review the Forms page in the Registrar Website
Each section has a five digit Course Reference Number (CRN), whether it is a lecture, discussion or lab. You must load each CRN that is required for a course at the same time.
- Example: ANTH 003 requires a lecture and discussion to register. When registering, you should input CRN 10455 (lecture) and either CRN 10456 or 10457 (discussion) at the same time. The lecture and discussion are "linked" together, which makes it impossible to register for only one.
- Time conflicts or a closed section can cause linking errors.
The error is occurring because you have tried to register for two courses scheduled at the same time or the final exam time for one course is the same time as another. Remember, a time conflict may be with a lecture, discussion, lab or final exam.
- You should try to register for another open section of the same course, complete a Time Conflict Override Form, or register for a different course. You should contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
The error is occurring because the lecture, discussion or lab you are trying to register for is at maximum capacity and there are no seats open for that section.
- You should try to register for another open section of the same course or register for a different course. Students cannot add into closed courses.
The error is occurring because the course you are trying to register for requires you to complete another course prior to registering in the one you received the error.
- Example: Chemistry 002, General Chemistry, has a prerequisite of Chemistry 001 or a passing score on the Chemistry Placement Exam or a score of three or better on the AP Chemistry Exam.
- To learn the prerequisites for a specific course you should look in the University Catalog or though the portal by clicking on the CRN of the course and then clicking the highlighted course title. You should contact your academic advisor if you need assistance.
If you are trying to register for a course that requires the instructor's consent, you need to contact the instructor for that course or your academic advisor. Once you receive the instructor's approval, an academic advisor can place an override for the instructor approval allowing you to register. Instructor's consent will need to be obtained on the Add/Drop Form.
- You can find the instructor's e-mail by going through the portal, click on the CRN of the course, and then click on the envelope icon next to the name of the instructor. You should contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
The error is occurring because the course you are trying to register for requires another course during the same semester. For example, BIO 151L must be taken during the same semester as BIO 151.
- When registering, you should input all the CRN's required for both courses at the same time.
The error is occurring because the course requires a different class standing (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate) than your current class standing. You should choose another course or contact your advisor for assistance.
The error is occurring because the course requires a different level (Undergraduate, Graduate) than your current level. You should choose another course.
This error is occurring because the course requires you to be declared in a certain major. You should choose another course or contact your advisor for assistance.
This error is occurring because the course is similar in subject material to another course already taken. For example, Math 011 has similar subject material as Math 021; you cannot take Math 011 after completing Math 021. Please contact your advisor for assistance.
This error is occurring because you are trying to register for a course you have already taken, or that you are currently registered in. You will need to contact your academic advisor regarding this error. More information about repeating courses can be found here. Note: Advisors will not override this restriction if you are currently enrolled in the course.
SSHA: Review the "Course Repeats" section on this page- https://ssha-advising.ucmerced.edu/registration
This error is occuring because MyRegistration has a built-in limit to the amount of registration attempts allowed each term. When this limit has been reached, usually due to repeated and excessive CRN submissions, online registration becomes inactive for the term. To complete further registration transactions, you will need to submit the appropriate form to the Students First Center. The maximum registration attempt limit will then reset when the next term opens for registration.
Encounter an error not listed above? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org